Texas Social Studies Supervisors Association
Who We are
TSSSA is organized exclusively for educational purposes. TSSsA has a rich history of supporting social studies education in the state of texas and works closely with its sister organization, Texas Council for Social Studies (TCSS).
What We do
- provide leadership in developing, promoting, and implementing quality social studies curriculum;
- evaluate quality social studies programs and effective instructional strategies that include challenging materials and activities;
- provide leadership in promoting effective supervision of social studies curriculum, instruction, and staff development;
- promote communication among social studies supervisory personnel with other appropriate organizations and with the general public;
- conduct meetings and present programs that are beneficial to the membership of TSSSA;
- lead advocacy efforts for effective social studies curriculum and assessment with local stakeholders, policymakers, national partnerships, and the general public; and
- act as a group in professional matters pertaining to social studies.